Open till 15 March 2019
Please read the following agreement. By checking the “Submission Agreement” box on our Film Submission Form, you certify that you agree to the following:
By submitting a film to the Swiss Surf Film Festival (hereby known as SSFF), you:
1. Acknowledge that you are duly authorized by the filmmakers to submit the film into this Festival;
2. Agree to take on any and all copyright liability that might result from submitting the film;
3. Hold the Swiss Surf Film Festival, its management, juries, agents, sponsors, and affiliates harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from your entry;
4. Agree to release the SSFF from responsibility if any film submission materials are damaged or exposed to public while in transit to and from, or while in the possession of the SSFF;
5. Certify that you have full rights to use the music featured in the film, and can provide proof of music licensing if required;
6. Certify that you have obtained all necessary signed model/actor releases from individuals appearing in the film, and can provide signed model/actor releases if requested;
7. Give permission to SSFF to use up to 3 minutes of footage from submitted film, stills, titles, and copy for promotional purposes;
8. Give permission to SSFF to screen the film at the Swiss Surf Film Festival 2019 if the film is chosen as an official selection;
9. Acknowledge that entry does not guarantee acceptance to SSFF.
Submission Rules & Guidelines:
1) Deadline for submissions is March 15th, 2019.
2) There are no entry fees.
3) You may submit more than one film into the Festival, but you must fill out a separate submission form for each film.
4) If your film is under 30 minutes long, it will be considered for our SHORTS category.
If your film is thirty (30) minutes long or over, we will consider it for our FEATURES category.
5) We require films submitted for consideration to be uploaded to Vimeo or other video streaming site, and password-protected. In our submission form, please provide the link and password.
6) Preference will be given to films never shown before at public screenings in Switzerland. Films shown on TV, video, cable, pay-per-view, other festivals, movie nights, online, or other distribution outlets that run concurrently, within the same period or before or after the festival may be considered ineligible for screening at SSFF’s discretion.
7) Films chosen as Official Selections for the Swiss Surf Film Festival 2019 will be announced April 1st, 2019. Filmmakers will be notified of selection via email by April 1st, 2019.
8) If chosen as an Official Selection of the Swiss Surf Film Festival, producers must provide the film in digital media format (MPG, MOV, WMV, etc.) with H264 encoding at 1080p resolution and a minimum 20 fps image rate, via download site by April 10th, 2019.
9) We do not accept rough cuts.
10) Films must have German or English subtitles.
11) If selected as an Official Selection, Producer hereby gives the SSFF the right to upload the film to the SSFF secure screening panel website to make submission available to SSFF jury members.